Meithrinfa Sêr Bach will
- Endeavour to meet the wishes of our parents whenever possible.
- Inform our parents of all activities including details of each child’s personal routine each day both verbally and written.
- Provide a stimulating environment that promotes confidence, self-esteem and positive behaviour.
- Through regular planning, recording and assessing we will ensure all children make progress in their development and will share their successes and progress with you through reports, examples of work and media evidence.
- Treat every child individually and will respect each families traditions and values. See Equal opportunities policy
- Notify parents of any significant infectious diseases while maintaining confidentiality.
- Administer prescribed medication providing all the relevant aspects of the ‘Administering Medicines’ policy are satisfied. Please refer to the policy. Medication will be administered with a witness present.
- Ensure our staff are fully trained in all aspects of health, safety and welfare (including first aid, child protection and fire safety) and that systems and processes put into place will be monitored regularly.
- There will be no smoking on the property of Meithrinfa Sêr Bach.
We ask that parents
- Keep us informed of any changes in details, address, contact numbers etc.
- Sign your child in and out of the nursery on the correct register each time they attend.
- Collect their children promptly at the agreed time. Please see our Late Collection Policy.
- Pay their bill weekly – If non-payment of a bill has occurred you will be informed in writing. After two written notifications giving deadlines for payment your child’s place at nursery will be terminated.
- Work with us to address any problems or issues.
Please refer to our behaviour policy.
Please tell us if you are unhappy with a situation, often small matters can be resolved before they become bigger problems. Please refer to our formal complaints procedure.
- If your child is unwell during their time in nursery we will contact you to come and fetch them.
- If your child is unwell before coming to nursery please inform us by phone or text. We are governed by strict guidelines which are there to protect all children and staff from cross infection. Please see our Medication and sickness policy for more details on how long children need to stay home from nursery after illness.
- Children can only be collected by a named person.