Meithrinfa Sêr Bach have staff who are fluent in both Welsh and English.
We will communicate with each child in their home language to ensure that they are comfortable and happy in their surroundings.
Communication is a corner stone of the Foundations of learning. Children who are confident communicators experience less frustration which reduces tantrums and assists in developing emotional maturity.
All the pupils at Meithrinfa Sêr Bach will benefit from Cheryl’s experience of developing communication skills with children from a wide range of abilities.
We use speech, signs, symbols, gestures and objects of reference to help develop children’s communication and understanding of language.
All children have a voice and will be listened to, their views and ideas respected and in turn they too will be encouraged to listen to others, react respectfully and will become confident and sociable.
We are very friendly. We would love to be able to welcome you into the building at any time, Covid has made this impossible but we love you to call us. Please feel free to call and have a chat with us at any time. If you prefer you can always message us through Facebook or send us an email.
- Upon coming to visit Meithrinfa Sêr Bach we will chat and show parents around and if they want to book a place then their name will be placed on a waiting list.
- Upon registering your child with us each party, a manager and the parent will sign a contract. Parents will receive an information pack via email about our service, including policies and the Statement of Purpose. This contract will be reviewed as required by either party. Any changes will require a minimum of one month’s notice from either party.
- Every person collecting a child from Meithrinfa Sêr Bach will receive verbal feedback from their Key Worker or Room Leader; if on a very rare occasion this is not possible another member of staff will have been briefed during a handover period and will be able to talk to the parent whenever possible this will be the buddy worker.
- We use an app to communicate with parent’s daily about activities, toileting, meals and send messages. We also use this as a means of sending newsletters etc.
- You will be invited into nursery to see some of the activities your child has done and discuss your child’s development at set times through the year.
- If any specialist help is required to support a child in our care we share our concerns with the parents and with their consent will work with the relevant agencies to support the child and their family. For further details please see our Special Needs Policy.
- We have a nursery Blog where parents can see our latest news as well as a private Facebook page for parents. We often send out extra letters and information on activities via either email or your daily diaries. We recommend parents join facebook even if it is soley for the purpose of finding out news. It is however a lovely way for our parents to get to know each other.
- We have a formal complaints procedure, please see the Complaints Policy. We welcome your comments and suggestions; please talk to us if you have any concerns. We will do our best to address them. If you are unhappy with our response to any complaint you may contact the CIW. (CIW is the registering authority for nurseries in Wales and investigates all complaints that suggest a provider may not be meeting the requirements of their registration.) It risk assesses all complaints made and may visit the nursery to carry out a full inspection where it believes requirements are not met.
CIW contact details: CIW North Wales Region,
Telephone: 0300 7900 126 (central line)
- CIW will inspect our nursery regularly. You will be informed if we become aware of an inspection and will receive a written copy of the inspector’s report following the inspection.
- Occasionally we will ask you to fill in a questionnaire. This will help us to plan and prioritise improvements to our provision.
- Annually we write a Quality of Care Report a copy of which will be emailed to every parent.
- Our parents are kept informed of any changes to provision via email.
- Please visit our website to keep up to date with information.